Jan runs his own consulting firm, EnPolicy Consulting Ltd. He has an aptitude for combining academic rigor with a fast-paced consultancy environment adding value to clients. Prior to founding EnPolicy Consulting he led the energy efficiency policy work of Ricardo, a global engineering and consultancy business with 3,000+ staff.
In the past he worked on a wide range of projects dealing with climate and energy policy design and evaluation, environmental economics as well as resource efficiency.
Jan's main areas of expertise are:
- energy and climate policy in the EU, the UK and Germany
- market-based instruments for energy efficiency
- policy design and evaluation
- performance-based regulation
- energy efficiency finance
- fuel poverty policy
- economics of energy efficiency